At All Saints we encourage children to be independent, creative learners, providing them with rich learning opportunities and stimulating learning environments.Our children are enthusiastic and can evaluate their work and that of other artists.
The children enjoy developing their skill set alongside gaining knowledge and understanding of Art.
|Art and Design is:|
A way of stimulating children’s creativity and imagination through visual, tactile and sensory experiences; a unique way of understanding and responding to the world; a process of communication of ideas, feelings and meanings; a way of making thoughtful judgements about life and life in different times and cultures.
|At All Saints we aim to teach children to:|
- use a sketchbook to collate ideas and designs;
- develop a visual awareness;
- provide opportunities to use art to record feelings and express creative imagination;
- develop visual vocabulary;
- develop mastery of a range of tools, media and processes;
- develop critical abilities and an understanding of cultural heritage;
- acquire artistic skills and techniques;
- develop their ICT capabilities;
- develop their skill to evaluate their own work and that of others.
- know how art and design both reflect and shape our history, and contribute to the culture, creativity and wealth of our nation.